Note: This post was created as part of an Influencer Activation on behalf of Influence Central for OshKoshB’Gosh. I received a promotional item to thank me for my participation. Everything that follows is my own brilliance!
It’s full-fledged Spring where I live – the sun has been out almost every day, the trees are blossoming, and it has been so warm that I have had to convert some of the kids’ pants to shorts! Easter is on its way and Spring Break plans are being made.
This tells me that it’s time to start thinking about Spring clothing. Already!
Now I subscribe to a few children’s clothing brand newsletters in order to take advantage of their sales, and one of my favorites is OshKosh. They always have a great selection and I have been happiest with the fit and style of clothing they offer for each of my kids. Their boy styles celebrate the all-American boy and the girl styles are carefree and bright without being fashioned in a too-mature style (which I avoid – I want my little girl to be little as long as possible!).
Honestly, if you can do both then you will get the best deals. Go shopping in-store first and see if you can find any super low prices on the clearance racks. Then shop online.
This time I did all my shopping online, but I plan to go in-store as well at some point in the future.
But if you, like me, don’t have the time for in-store shopping right now or live too far away from a store, there are ways to save a bundle and get great deals online!
Here’s how I did it this year:
1. Do Some Sleuthing (Find Coupon Codes!)
- Search RetailMeNot. This is one of my favorite places to find coupon codes for discounts and free shipping. You can find both online and in-store coupons here!
- Sign up for the newsletter. Before making your order, always sign up for newsletters. Often they will give you incentive to sign up – either free shipping on your first order or a percentage off your order. Many companies also send out periodic discounts. OshKosh.com is one of those companies! I like to wait to do my shopping until free shipping days.
- Follow them on social media! Facebook and Twitter are two of the best places to get exclusive coupons.
- Search blogs for exclusive coupons. Sometimes you can get exclusive coupons from blogs. This particular post happens to contain one. ;)
2. Shop OshKosh Clearance or Doorbusters
- Want to get the best deals? Keep an eye on the clearance section, and make sure when there is a sale you are one of the first people to make you order or you might miss out on the sizes you need.
- Doorbusters at OshKosh are often deals on the current or upcoming season’s clothing. For instance, graphic tees and shorts for $5 each.
3. Get Free Shipping
- I always look for ways to get free shipping because it really makes the entire order more worth it. I like “No minimum purchase” free shipping offers the best, but “Order at least $50/$75/$100 and get free shipping” is also something I will try to do. Scour the website for ways to earn free shipping – for instance, right now if you order both Carters and OshKosh clothing (just the click of a tab away, the shopping cart is the same), you’ll get free shipping!
- Using the methods mentioned in step 2 above, look for free shipping coupon codes.
4. Use Swagbucks to Get Cash Back
- I use Swagbucks to earn points toward gift cards. This seriously works. Just last month I earned $20 worth of Amazon.com gift cards! The “Shop and Earn” option for earning swagbucks (points) is something I take advantage of as often as I can, and I was thrilled when I saw that OshKosh allowed me to earn 1 swagbuck for every dollar spent. This may not sound like much, but I spent $100 and so earned 100 swagbucks toward my next gift card.
Our Spring Clothing Order from OshKosh
For a little over $100, I was able to buy church dresses + leggings that matched for Emma, three shirts and camouflage cargo pants for Isaac along with a camouflage cap he loves, and flip flops and lightweight hooded sweaters for both kids.
My best deals were the heart poplin dress for $13.99, the flip flops which were $4.00 and $5.00, $4.99 tees for both kids, leggings for $5.99, and the camo pants which were $8.99. These are high-quality clothes that last long enough to be passed on to other kids.
I’m so pleased with this order and with what we received!
My Gift To You!
You can print this coupon out and use it in-store, or use the code IMAGINE15 to get
25% off $30.00 at OshKosh B’Gosh.
Connect With OshKosh Online
What are your best online shopping tips? Did I miss anything?