Before I was offered the opportunity to try out a hot/cold water dispenser, I thought these machines were mainly for the office and not the home. I was wrong, friends! As a homeschooling mom, and just a mom in general, this has been the most awesome appliance, surprisingly one of my favorites and the most used in our home. I am so convinced that everyone should have one that I decided to share reasons I believe you should buy one yourself. Ready, set, go!
1. You can ditch your refrigerator water purifier.
I never drink unpurified water. The water from our sink tastes just awful, so before the NewAir I used a water jug purifier and kept it in the refrigerator. Now I’ve thrown that out and we have more room in our refrigerator, I’m not constantly refilling the container, and I don’t have to buy those little purifying inserts that always leave small black residue in my cup.
We bought two 5-gallon jugs (about $10 at the store), and fill them at one of the purified water filling stations at stores such as Fred Meyer. I don’t have to do anything for weeks! I love it.
Note: You can also use 2- or 3-gallon jugs. The 5-gallon jugs are heavy, so if you’re doing it yourself you might want to consider the smaller jugs. Heaving it onto the machine can be a challenge! (Luckily I have my dad here doing it for me.)
2. If you have kids, it gives a whole new meaning to “self serve”.
Yes, my kids (3 and 6) get their own purified water with no issues. It. Is. Awesome. And because there is a child safety lock on the hot water side, you don’t have to worry about little ones getting burned. It’s a great child lock, too. Seriously, little to no chance of your toddler/preschooler figuring it out unless you have a little genius who will get a partner to help him/her hold the button down while he/she holds down the child safety lock. But I have super smart kids and they don’t mess with that. I did, of course, warn them that they could be burned if they touched that button. And that I would KNOW… if… they… had… touched… it… (You say those things, too, right?)
3. It is SO wonderfully convenient – ice cold water at the push of a button!
I like my water cold, and I believe that we all drink more water now than we ever did before because of the convenience. So if you’re looking to increase your water intake for any reason, this will make it so easy you will have no excuses for not drinking the recommended 6-8 cups of water a day. (Are you doing that? Honestly?)
This is great when you have guests over as well. You don’t have to mess with ice or become frustrated over the fact that someone forgot to refill the ice tray again. ; )
4. If you’re a tea-drinker, this will change your life.
The hot water side dispenses steaming hot water the perfect temperature for popping a tea bag in and waiting a few minutes. Presto! I haven’t had to use my tea kettle in forever. This is especially nice when little ones are sick. I can easily make honey-lemon tea within a minute.
5. It couldn’t be any easier to use!
Honestly, it’s as easy as pulling it out of the box, plugging it into the wall, and flipping the hot and cold water switches on the back of the machine on. You’re ready to put those newly filled jugs to use!
And now, for a few specifics on the NewAir WCD-110SS:
This wouldn’t be a thorough review without some pros and cons, so let me share with you our experiences and facts on the NewAir WCD-110SS.
– First, it retails for $199.99 (though you can find it for cheaper on sale) and can be purchased at places such as Home Depot.
– Installation is easy, it comes fully assembled and ready to plug in and switch on. You only need to buy the jugs and fill them with purified water, and you’re ready to go.
– This model is tall and narrow and it was easy enough to find a spot in my kitchen to put it.
– The stainless steel is shiny and attractive, though (in my opinion) a pain to keep clean and free of fingerprints.
– The water comes out swiftly at the firm touch of the cold water button, and responds quickly as you take your finger off – we haven’t had any instances of overfilling (which is a feat with two little ones!).
– One thing I really like about this model is that I can fit all sizes and shapes of cups on the removable drip tray – even my tall stainless steel to-go cup!
– It runs very quietly. I never even know it’s running!
Here’s a quick (quirky) video demo featuring my daughter showing you how it works:
She is sooo funny! She thinks when she’s on video she has to speak in a high-pitched performance voice. Gotta love the random bursting out in opera, too. (Excuse my verbal mistake, asking for her to demonstrate the cold water when she already had. No wonder she looked at me like I was crazy.)
That’s it – I love this thing! It has made my life easier and I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend it.
You can find out more specifics on the NewAir WCD-110SS here, including different places to buy it. You can also buy it on Amazon.com and get free shipping with Prime.
I was provided with the product featured in this post for reviewing purposes. The opinions I have given are 100% honest and my own. I was not paid for this post in any other way.