Ready for a list of Christmas books to read for advent that will knock your socks off? Last year we started a new Christmas tradition – reading one Christmas book every night in December until December 25. We all love doing this! It’s wonderful bonding time and the kids are excited about picking through the pile of Christmas books under the tree to find the perfect one for that night.
On with the list! Not all of these are Christ-focused, but those are interspersed with some fun and funny Christmas choices.
Note: This list contains my affiliate links for Amazon.
1. God Gave Us Christmas by Lisa Tawn Bergren
2. Pippin, The Christmas Pig by Jean Little
3. Mary’s Story – An Arch Book
4. A Little House Christmas: Holiday Stories from the Little House Books by Laura Ingalls Wilder
5. Richard Scarry’s Best Christmas Book Ever!
6. Bear Stays Up for Christmas
7. The Night Before Christmas Look and Find
8. The Crippled Lamb by Max Lucado
9. The Little Drummer Mouse by Mercer Mayer
10. Santa’s Ark by Cliff Wright
11. The Very Snowy Christmas by Diana Hendry
12. Winter’s Gift by Jane Monroe Donovan
13. Olive, The Other Reindeer by Vivian Walsh and J. Otto Seibold
14. Queen of Christmas by Mary Engelbreit
15. You Can Do It, Sam by Amy Hest
16. The Bear’s Christmas by Stan and Jan Berenstein
17. The Wild Christmas Reindeer by Jan Brett
18. Who’s That Knocking on Christmas Eve by Jan Brett
19. Mortimer’s Christmas Manger by Karma Wilson
20. The Pine Tree Parable by Liz Curtis Higgs
21. The Legend of the Candy Cane by Lori Wahlberg
22. Winter is Coming by Tony Johnston
23. Lassie, A Christmas Story by Earl Hamner
24. The Legend of the Christmas Tree by Rick Osborne
25. How the Grinch Stole Christmas by Dr. Seuss
I hope this list gives you some great ideas for books to add to your list this year! Feel free to leave a comment with your favorite Christmas books. :)