As soon as it turned autumn-y (i.e. COLD) outside, I felt the urge to bake cookies – how about you? The Spiced Honey Gingersnap Cookies recipe I’m sharing with you today is a tweaked version of the Honey Gingersnap Cookies recipe in the Debbie Mumm Old Fashioned Cookies cookbook I own. This is my favorite cookie book, I love to thumb through the many many recipes for the perfect cookie and there’s always one for my mood!
Now for the slightly altered recipe:
Spiced Honey Gingersnap Cookies
Here’s a list of the ingredients you’ll need:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tbsp ground ginger
2 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp salt
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 stick softened butter
1 1/2 cups sugar, divided
1/4 cup honey
1 tsp vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine flour, ginger, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spice in large bowl.
2. Beat butter and 1 cup sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in honey, egg, and vanilla.
5. Shape mixture into 1-inch balls. Place remaining 1/2 cup sugar in a shallow bowl (or paper plate); roll balls in sugar to coat.
6. Place balls 2 inches apart on greased cookie sheets.
8. Leave cookies on cookie sheets for 5 minutes while they cool a bit and firm up. Move to wire racks to finish cooling.
Eat and ENJOY! :)