I can’t believe how easy this is. I love this type of creative outlet because it’s SO FAST – you’re done with the entire project in about half an hour or less. That’s my type of project. ;-)
What You’ll Need:
Fusible Backing (I used Wonder Under with much success) (about $3)
Scrap fabric (you can find some great scraps or fat quarters on Etsy)
T-shirts or onesies (pretty much anything)
Note: Make sure you wash all fabrics and clothing before continuing! You don’t want anything to shrink.
1. Search google images for clipart and print, or create your own applique design. Cut it out.
2. Trace around the cut-out onto the fusible webbing.
3. Find a cute fabric scrap and iron it and the t-shirt or onesie you’ll be applying the applique to.
4. Iron the fusible webbing onto the WRONG (not-pretty) side of the fabric, following the instructions. Mine took 3-5 seconds. The rough side of the fusible webbing down on the fabric.
5. Cut out your shape with sewing scissors.
6. Peel off the fusible backing. It’s ready to iron on!
7. Position your applique onto the tee or onesie where you want it and place a damp cloth on top. Iron at wool setting for 10 seconds or so (follow your specific fusible web instructions).
8. All finished! You can now stitch around this if you want, or use Fray Check. Your choice. :)