This is one of my favorite recipes, a jazzed-up version of the One-Dish Chicken and Rice Bake taken from the back of a Campbell’s Cream of Mushroom Soup label – sooo good and definite comfort food for me. And I like it because you throw the ingredients in a casserole and bake, you don’t have to pre-cook the chicken or anything like that.
Lindsey’s One-Dish Cheesy Chicken and Rice Bake
- One can (10 3/4 oz) Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 2/3 cups water
- 3/4 cup uncooked regular long-grain white rice (I use Basmati from Costco)
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (I use thighs – from Costco)
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 1 cup mixed veggies (or whatever you have on hand, sometimes I add broccoli)
- Sliced/chopped mushrooms (I like a lot so I add 5 or 6 mushrooms)
1. Stir soup, water, rice, paprika, and black pepper in baking dish. Add 1/2 cup cheese, veggies, and mushrooms – stir. Top with chicken. Sprinkle chicken with additional paprika and black pepper if desired. Top with remaining grated cheese. Cover.
2. Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes or until chicken and rice are done.
Want to be a part of the MckLinky Weekly Blog Hop? This week there will be two prizes worth $100 and all participants will get a free recipe book containing all of the recipes from the blog hop! Sweet! :-) Make your own post, add it to the MckLinky here, and enjoy! I suggest you sign up for the MckLinky newsletter as well.