Have you had a sippy cup fail you? I have. I have a straw sippy cup that I bought that drives me crazy. It has so many problems it’s not even funny – the straw falls out on the inside so often that I have to keep a close eye out and be sure that Emma is actually getting the liquid inside her cup. It never seems to get clean. It’s plastic plastic plastic. And sometimes the pressure inside causes the lid to be so tight I can’t get it off. Even my husband has trouble getting it off then, and he’s a strong guy! Is it too much to ask that a sippy straw cup work right?
Apparently not, if you buy the Safe Sippy 2! The Safe Sippy 2 is the first ever sippy to straw cup – 2 in 1! Awesome because you don’t have to buy multiple cups as your child grows and is ready to move to a straw cup like “big people”. Or, like me, you can buy multiple Safe Sippy 2 cups so that you have enough of this cool cup! :-)
Reasons to Buy the Safe Sippy 2:
- Clean, non-leaching stainless steel (keeps drinks cold!)
- Easy grip insulating sleeve (protects little fingers from cold)
- Removable handles
- BPA and phthalate free!
- Dishwasher safe
- 2 in 1 – sippy to straw cup
- Holds 11 ounces
This stainless steel cup is a wonderful alternative to dangerous plastics, many of which have been proven to leak toxic chemicals.
It’s funny, I never would have thought that I would care so much about which cup or bottle that my baby uses, but I do. Some products are just not made too well and they can make life harder than it should be. I’m all for products that make life easier now that I’ve had some experience as a parent. :-) Having products that do their job well makes mommy happy – which makes the whole family happier!
My experience with the Safe Sippy 2:
1. It lives up to its claims to be easy to clean, easy to remove the cap and change from sippy to straw in a flash, and the straw never falls out on the inside! Yay!
2. It keeps Emma’s milk cold longer because it’s stainless steel and insulated. Love it!
3. It isn’t completely leak-proof (drips sometimes when it’s on its side in straw cup mode) but I think the pros completely make up for this. And if you need it to be leak-proof (like if you want to put it in your purse or diaper bag) you can use the included no-leak piece (see video review below). It also comes with a plastic cover for the top.
You can buy the Safe Sippy 2 for only $12.95 at Amazon.com in pink, blue or lime!
To enter to win, visit The Safe Sippy and tell me your favorite feature of the Safe Sippy 2!
- Tell me in a comment which color Safe Sippy 2 you would choose (+1 extra entry)
- Follow The Safe Sippy on Twitter and/or Facebook (+1 extra entry each)
- Add my blog to your Technorati Favorites/stumble/digg this post (+1 extra entry each)
- Follow/Subscribe to this blog (+1 extra entry each)
- Follow/Subscribe to the Creative Madness blog (new mom blogger!) (+1 extra entry each)
- Add my button to your sidebar (+1 extra entry)
- Blog about this giveaway (+3 extra entries)
- Follow me on Twitter (@kindred_spirit) (+1 extra entry)
- Tweet this giveaway/share on Facebook (+1 extra entry each)
Winner will be drawn on August 12 and notified by email – good luck, everyone!
Disclosure: Although Kid Basix sent me the Safe Sippy 2 to review, it does not affect the honesty of this review. I do not review products if I feel pressured to write a positive review in spite of what I think.
See complete rules and disclaimers regarding giveaways here.
Thank you sooo much for sharing this post! :-)