Hello all! I’m very excited to announce that this year I’m a part of The Old Schoolhouse‘s curriculum review crew!
My first review is of the SchoolhouseTeachers.com yearly membership. Now I’ve only had a little over two weeks to review this, so I plan to share more in the future after I’ve had more time to use it.
BUT. I have had full access to the website and I can tell you it is a treasure trove for homeschoolers whatever your approach to education! Whether you’re into unit studies, literature-based or classical education, or unschooling, you’ll find something for you and your students on this website!
What is SchoolhouseTeachers.com?
SchoolhouseTeachers.com is a subscription-based curriculum website that gives you access to over 100 different classes and printable resources for preschool to high school age students – and their teachers! Your membership, whether you subscribe monthly or yearly, gives you access to all classes for all of your children. None of the classes are live, so you can start anytime and work at your own pace.
A Few Things I Want To Showcase:
There are so many resources I couldn’t possibly feature them all, but there are a few things that I am especially excited about I wanted to make sure you didn’t miss. So here are our favorite classes and resources:
For the teacher:
- The 2014-2015 Schoolhouse Planner – This planner is awesome. It features an editable calendar, planning pages, logs, transcripts, charts, extras like notebooking pages, and much more!
- Members-only discounts – Get discounts and freebies from participating vendors such as Fundanoodle and Kinderbach.
- Monthly Menu Plans – Recipes for every day of the month are provided! What a cool extra.
For Pre-K and Elementary Students:
- Bug Science – This is a unit study I plan to use with my kids during the summer. If you follow my blog, you know that my daughter is fascinated with bugs – especially earthworms – so I know it’ll be a hit!
- French and Spanish language lessons – If you’re wanting to add a foreign language, these are classes you can complete with your children at your own pace.
- Multiple preschool offerings – Check out that link, there is so much to pick from! I’m especially excited about the Pre-K Read & Play and the Charlotte Mason preschool lessons!
- Literature Kits – Literature-led unit studies! The first one I plan to use with my daughter is the All-of-a-Kind Family literature kit. I loved that book as a child and the learning activities sound like a lot of fun. :)
- Schoolhouse Spelling – The lower elementary spelling classes are just what I was needing for Emma and I didn’t even know it! This is Charlotte Mason based and incorporates copywork with spelling words and activities.
- Everyday Easels – These short art appreciation/picture study classes are unit study themed with activities designed to teach the child about the art, artist, period, and to really think about what the painting is saying.
For Middle/High School Students:
(I don’t have middle/high school students but wanted to feature some of the best-looking course offerings)
- Classics-based writing
- Art Techniques
- Music Theory and Violin Lessons
- Hands-on Hebrew
How We’re Using SchoolhouseTeachers.com:
First of all, you have to check out the Dailies section of SchoolhouseTeachers.com. There are daily puzzles, learning games, writing prompts, copywork, math worksheets, and more! If you need to supplement any of these subjects, want to find a quick activity to keep your preschooler busy, or need some over-the-summer work for your kids to keep their brains active, you’ll appreciate the Dailies. I find myself coming back to the Dailies often.
Recommendations and Final Thoughts:
I’m very pleased with schoolhouseteachers.com and know it will be a helpful resource in the coming years. I think it’s awesome that I have access to everything with one membership – and I especially love that editable homeschool planner that comes with it! I can’t wait to print that out and start using it.
Read more reviews of SchoolhouseTeachers.com by clicking on the banner below:
Want to Subscribe?
Take advantage of SchoolhouseTeachers.com’s holiday sale and get 40% off the monthly membership ($7.77/month) or 50% off the yearly membership ($64.26/year)! Homeschool families who join at this rate will keep it forever as long as they remain a continuous member. :)