In case you didn’t know, I’ve worked as a Medical Transcriptionist from home for about four years – three years before that I worked as an MT from a local hospital. I love love LOVE the work (transcribing dictation for a doctor), but the large umbrella company I’ve worked for from home for the last three years wasn’t really the best job for a mom who is in demand 24/7 from a little toddler. I actually was pretty much super mom when Emma was first born – after about a month of maternity leave (I worked up until I went into labor) I began working full time from home, on a fixed schedule (6 a.m. – 2 p.m.). It was hard. I took a lot of breaks to take care of a demanding child (well of COURSE! lol) and just generally made my way through it. I didn’t get paid by the hour, but by report, so it worked out okay. Even though I clocked in and out. But I wasn’t making what I wanted to make. And I was so tired.
Then I moved to part time, hoping that would be better. I’ve been working from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. for the last 6 months or so… it was still too hard to get a good amount of work done (i.e. money). The company I was working for was great, and very understanding, but it wasn’t a good fit for this time of my life.
So that’s what I’ve been up to. :-)
On with the award-receiving! I know I’ve been given awards in the past few months that I wasn’t able to receive “formally” (lol), and I apologize. I love every one and thank you guys for thinking of me! I’m afraid I might miss someone and if I do, let me know and I’ll add you! :-)
So part of accepting this esteemed award (giggle) is sharing seven (7) awe-summm things about yourself and then passing it on to seven people!
This is NOT easy for me. As much as I would like to just sit around thinking about how awesome I am… wait, no, that would not be fun. lol
Okay, here’s my attempt:
- I’m actually a pretty good pianist… when I’m practicing. I haven’t had a piano in two years, so I’m kind of pining away for one. I also write my own music – actually that’s what I’m best at. :-)
- When I was a teen, I wrote some great fantasy fiction. I loved it even myself. I’ll have to dig one up, the one about the dragon and the winged horse… amazing how you can get so into your own fictional worlds and feel like you have been there.
- When it comes to being a mom, I’m pretty good at it. At least at this point. I’m catching on to this parenthood thing and am loving every minute.
- I am an AWE-SUMMM reader. lol As a kid/teen I stayed up all night to finish books! Or I would have if I hadn’t had a dad who came and saved me from becoming a zombie the next morning. Of course I didn’t feel that way at the time… ;-)
- I am (have been) a very good figure skater. I took lessons up until age 12 and could do small jumps and spins on one leg. It was so much fun, I loved it. If we hadn’t moved from Alaska, I might have been a Champion! *wishful* ;-)
- (Only two more to go!) I love Anne of Green Gables. I aspire to be more like her. Isn’t that part of my awe-summmness?
- Wait, I thought of one more! I’m good at English. I’m afraid to say it because I’m sure I’ve made mistakes in my writing when it comes to this blog… but I said I was good at English, not PERFECT! lol It’s part of what makes my job as a Medical Transcriptionist fun, too.
- I’m going to shock you all and put down EIGHT things that are awesome about me. I picked a darn awe-summm man to be with till the end of my days. He is totally awe-summm. I love him so much.
And we have lovely children together!
Now that I’m feeling SOOOO good about myself and my claim to awesomeness, on with another award! I know, I know, my head is inflating… but on we go!
1. I love that my daughter Emma is goofy and has a great sense of humor so young!
2. I love to read with her, and I love that she laughs at my sound effects.
3. I think she enjoys my being silly with her – I used to be embarrassed but having a kid cured that. ;-)
4. I love to watch her adore my husband. It’s the sweetest thing ever.
5. I love taking her to the park and watching her discover new things.
6. I love her sense of independence. Sort of. ;-)
7. I love her red hair. I should have named her Anne. LOL
Now I’m going to pass both of these awards on to these people:
Erin @ Connected2Christ – she’s a wonderful mommy and definitely and awe-summm person!
Margaret from Creative Madness – An awe-summm new mommy (in August)!
Kelly @ En Route To Life gets the Mom of the Year Award (I would give her the other award too but since it came from her…) – because she’s so cool and I know she’s a cool mom too. :-)
Julie at MomSpective – she’s definitely awe-summm! And a lot of fun, too.
Christy from Jinxyisms – She gets the Awe-summm award!
Elizabeth from Baby Signs With Elizabeth – Obviously an awe-summm mommy!