Yoo Hoo and Friends plush toys have taken off in popularity, and no wonder – they’re cute, cuddly, and each one is unique, making me children want them all!
Where can you find these adorable creatures? Well, online at www.auroragift.com is a great place to start. There you’ll find Yoo Hoo and Friends characters galore!
So what makes these furry little friends so beguiling? Thanks to Aurora Gifts, I was able to find out for myself. They sent me a pink sugarglider, a capuchin, and another smaller critter attached to a keychain. All of them were instant hits with my almost-two-year-old daughter, Emma. Oh, and with me. I just can’t seem to resist those huge, luminous eyes and long, bushy tails. Who could? My eleven-year-old niece couldn’t, either. She hinted to me about 25 times (maybe more) that she loved the pink sugarglider. If Emma hadn’t been taking them to bed with her every night I might have been able to part with one… but instead we compromised and I gave her the little keychain critter instead. She was thrilled because it was something she would be able to clip to her backpack and take to school with her. I was thrilled because she was thrilled. :-)
Did I mention Emma takes them to sleep with her? It’s really a funny story – I was having trouble getting her to go to sleep at night. She would stand in her crib and scream and cry for me, but as soon as she saw these little creatures and heard the woodland noises they made when squeezed, it was like magic. I tucked the sugarglider and capuchin in with her at night and told her, “Let’s put the babies to bed…”. It became a nightly ritual and she immediately fell asleep next to them. SO cute! I’m not saying they’re magical sleep aids, but there’s just something about them that kids love!
- Yoo Hoo and Friends characters are based on real endangered animals around the globe
- Each character plays a different fun sound (not too loud, either – thankful mommy here) when you squeeze their tummies
- They’re very well-made and are hand-washable (I got to test this out and they wash easily)
- There’s even a Yoo Hoo and Friends website featuring games, downloadable wallpapers, the chance to learn about the endangered creatures, previews of the new Yoo Hoo and Friends characters coming out this year, and a whole virtual world in which you can adopt and raise new animals! All of this is free! Recommended for ages 5 to 12.
There are more than 50 different characters and even accessories like a pet carrier can be purchased.
I have to say that I’m a convert – the Yoo Hoo and Friends characters are super adorable, I can’t help but smile when I see Emma walking around with one in each hand. I think they’re great for all ages, too. We recommend them very highly!
Check out the cuties coming out in 2010!
Find Yoo Hoo and Friends Online:
- Buy them at Aurora Gifts! Prices range from $7.00 to $14.00 each and they vary in size.
- Follow Yoo Hoo and Friends on Twitter (@yoohoofriends)
- Fan Yoo Hoo and Friends on Facebook (click here)
- Visit the Yoo Hoo and Friends virtual community for kids
- Join the Aurora Gift Club for special savings
Disclosure: Aurora Gifts sent me three Yoo Hoo and Friends plush toys in exchange for an honest review. This review is 100% my own content, my own true experiences with the product(s), and my own opinion.