How (and Why) to Create a Facebook Fan Page
Why Create a Facebook Fan Page?
Ive had a Networked Blogs Facebook Page for awhile now, but decided to do some research and find out if it was better to create a Facebook Fan Page for my blog as well. Networked Blogs is awesome, but with a Facebook Fan Page, you have more options for interacting, updating, and allowing fans to update and comment. I created my own Facebook Fan Page (join mine here!) recently and am thrilled with it! I hadnt realized what I was missing out on before. I can definitely recommend creating your own!
What I love:
- You can connect to your readers/customers easily.
- Get the word out about your blog/products keep it interesting! 🙂
- Update automatically using feeds or manual updates.
- There are so many awesome add-ons: Photos, Discussions, Events, Links, and much more! Theres even a place to showcase your Etsy store!
- You can even run contests and promotions from your Fan Page!
Sample Facebook Fan Page:
How to Create a Facebook Fan Page
Creating a Facebook Fan Page may seem intimidating at first, but really its very quick and easy to set up!
1. Go to http://www.facebook.com/pages/create.php and fill out the form as seen in the example below:
Upload a photo or button for your profile picture in the top left-hand corner, then click on Edit Page under your profile picture to find a treasure trove of other options including creating a Facebook Fan Badge, a Facebook Fan Box (like the one in my sidebar), sending an update to all of your fans at one time, and adding and editing settings for your fan page add-ons.
How Do I Find My Facebook Fan Page Again?
This was one of my questions, and there is a simple way to find it again.
Type the name of your Facebook Fan Page into the search bar at the very top of your Home screen (For me its Kindred Spirit Mommy).
Found it! Yes! 🙂
More to come?
Definitely! I have a few more tips and tutorials that I want to share with you. 🙂
Do you have a Facebook Fan Page? How do you like it?
Which Facebook Fan Pages are your favorites and why?